عنوان مقاله [English]
The reputation is not solely to the living human being, after death, too. Even with the onset of death, it may even become more popular. The main question is who owns a person's reputation after his death? Will the person's reputation, like any other property, be inherited, or is this right different from the other property? To answer this question, one can identify a person's personal reputation as a non-personal and affiliated person who ends with the death of a person, but the fact is that The custom has seen a person's reputation as a commodity And considers payment against using it as justifiable. So, it seems that accepting the financial aspect of this right is preferable. On this basis, it seems that this right, like all other financial rights, will reach his heirs after the death of a person. This analysis will prevent the business from having to use other people's reputation and prevent consumers from being deceived. In American law, Germany and France, the prevailing tendency is the same. In Italian law, there is no single approach. In our legal system, given the silence of legal literature, attempts are made to take steps to address this issue. This study has been done by documentary method and survey in related texts to gather relevant information.
- Adams, b.c., (1980), "inheritability of the right of publicity upon the death of the famous", vand. L. Rev., vol33, p1255-1287.
- Adkins, Brittany A., (2010), "Crying Out for Uniformity: Eliminating State Inconsistencies in Right of Publicity Protection Through a Uniform Right of Publicity Act", CUMB. L. REV., vol40. Pp.490-569.
- Alpa, Guido, (1997), "The Protection of Privacy in Italian Law: Case Law in a codified legal system", Tul. Euro. Civ. LF 1, VOL12, pp.1-45.
- Asadi, Hassan ibn Yusuf ibn Mutahar (Allameh Helli), (2010), izah Al-Fawa'id, vol.4, elmi. (in Persian)
- Amid, Hassan (2010), Persian culture, way of development, Q .1. (in Persian)
- Bergmann, Susanne, (1999), “publicity rights in the United states and Germany: a comparative analysis”, loyola of los angeles entertainment law review, vol. 19. pp.467-498.
- Biederman, D., (2011), law and business of the entertainment industries,Westford, praeger publishers.
- Böttner, Götz, (2001), "Protection of the Honour of Deceased Persons – A Comparison Between the German and the Australian Legal Situations", Bond Law Review, Vol13, Issue1. Pp50-89.
- Collins, David, (2002), "Age of the Living Dead: Personality Rights of Deceased Celebrities", Alta. L. Rev., vol39, pp190-239.
- Colin, Peter, (2017), "personality rights guidance for dead", NE. U. L. R. EXTRA LEGAL, Spring, pp10-45.
- emami, Seyyed Hassan (1998), Civil law, Islamic, vol.1.
- Fedtke., jörg, (2004), “concerns and ideas about the developing english law of privacy”, am. J. Comp. L., no.52. pp150-178.
- Feinberg, michael, thomas f. Cotter & irina y. Dmitrieva, (2010), “integrating the right of publicity with first amendment and copyright preemption analysis”, colum. J.l. & arts, no.33, pp.160-198.
- Jafari Langroudi, Mohammad Jafar (2009), Property Rights, ganj e danesh. (in Persian)
- Jafari, Feizollah, Mehrnaz Mokhtari, (2016), “Comparative study of the nature of celebrities’ image rights in commercial advertisements”, comparative law review, Volume 7, Issue 2, p511-532. (in Persian)
- Johnson, james a., (2015), “the right of publicity and the student-athlete”, elon l. Rev., no.7.
- Jung, andrew m., (2011), “twittering away the right of publicity: personality Rights and celebrity impersonation on social Networking websites”, chicago-kentla wreview, vol 86.
- Peter L. Felcher & Edward L. Rubin, (1980), "The Descendibility of the Right of Publicity: Is There Commercial Life After Death?", YALE L.J., vol89, pp1124-1156.
- Grady, mark f., (1994), “a positive economic theory of the right of publicity”, ucla ent. L. Rev., no.1, pp110-145.
- Gervais, daniel, jan klink, (2003), “50 years of publicity rights in the united states and the never ending hassle with intellectual property and personality rights in europe”, i.p.q., no.4, pp340-390.
- Gervais, daniel; martin l. Holmes, (2014), “fame, property, and identity: the scope and purpose of the right of publicity”, fordham intell. Prop. Media & ent. L.j., vol81, pp90-123.
- Giacoppo, e., (1998), "avoiding the tragedy of frankenstein: the application of the right of publicity to the use of digitally reproduced actors in film", west group, pp220-256.
- Gaillard, v.e, (1984), la double nature du droit a` l’image et ses conse´quences en droit positif franc¸ préc.
- Ghestin, j., (1989), Traite´ de droit civil, Paris, LGDJ.
- Goldman, Debra, (2001), Consumer Republic: Digital Wonders Leave the Human Ones Struggling to Catch Up, Adweek.
- Georgy, Abolghasem (1991), Legal Articles, vol 2, University of Tehran. (in Persian)
- Habiba, Sa'id, Shakeri, Zahra (2011), " Involuntary transfer of Intellectual property", Comparative Law Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp. 87-106. (in Persian)
- Hauch, Jeanne M., (1994), "Protecting private fact in France: The Warren & Brandeis tort is alive and well and flourishing in Paris", Tul. L. Rev., VOL68, pp10-34.
- Halpern, sheldon w., (1986), “the right of publicity: commercial exploitation of the associative value of personality”, vand. L. Rev., no.39, pp20-34.
- Hekmatnya, Mahmoud, "The Methodology of the Intellectual Property System", Journal of Religion and Law, Vol. 8, pp. 203-234. (in Persian)
- heller, Kathy, (2008),"deciding who cashes in on the deceased celebrity business", charp l.rev, vol.11, pp545-589.
- Hezar Jaribi, Jafar, Safari Shali, Reza (1395), "A Study of the Reasons of the Transformation of the Reference Group among Students", Culture at Islamic University, no.18. (in Persian)
- Henderson, Laurie, (2009), "Protecting a Celebrity's Legacy: Living in California or New York Becomes the Deciding Factor", The Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship & the Law, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp50-87.
- Helling, Anna E., (2004), “Protection Of "Persona" In The Eu And In The Us: A Comparative Analysis”, Stockholm University, Sweden, A Thesis Submitted To The Graduate Faculty Of The University Of Georgia In Partial Fulfilment Of The Requirements For The Degree.
- Hoffman, Richard B., (1981),"The Right of Publicity-Heirs'Right,A dvertisers' Windfall, or Courts'Nightmare", DEPAuL L. REV., vol31, pp30-65.
- Hogue, Amy D. & Michael B. Garfinkel, (1995), "The Right of Publicity: Does It Survive Death and Abandonment?", TORT &INS. L.J., VOL 30, pp660-690.
- Hylton, J. Gordon, (2001), “Baseball Cards and the Birth of the Right of Publicity: The Curious Case ofHaelen Laboratories v. Topps Chewing Gum”, Marquette Sports Law Review , Vol12, pp.270-290.
- Ismailpour, Majid, Bahreinizad, Manijeh, Zarei, Cyrus (1396), "The study of the effect of the use of well-known advertisers in advertising on consumer attitudes towards advertising", New Marketing Research, no.24, p. 12. (in Persian)
Jones, Victoria & alastair wilson, (2007), "photographs, privacy and public places", Eur. Intell. Prop. J., vol29, pp.357-389
- Kahn, Erik W., Pou-I “Bonnie” Lee, (2016), "Delebs and Postmortem Right of Publicity", Landslide: A Publication of the ABA Section of Intellectual Property Vol. 8, No.3, pp.34-65.
- Katouzian, Naser (2007), Out-of-Contract Requirements, Institute of Publications and Printing, Tehran University, (in Persian)
- Katouyan, Nasser (1376), Inheritance, dadgostar (in Persian)
- Katouzin, Nasser (2007), Property and property, mizan. (in Persian)
- Koo, andrew, (2006), “right of publicity: the right of publicity fair use doctrine - adopting a better standard”, buff. Intell. Prop. L.j., no.4, pp.25-54.
- Kranz, Jonathan L., (1995), "Sharing the Spotlight: Equitable Distribution of the Right of Publicity", CARDOZO ARTS &ENT. L.J., no.13, pp.934-980.
- Kumari T V, (2004), "Celebrity rights as a form of merchandise-Protection under the intellectual property regime", Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, 9 (2), pp.134-154.
- Kutler, Noam, (2011),"protecting your online you: a new approach to handling your Online persona after death", berkeley tech. L.j., vol.26, pp.1641-1689.
- leibowitz, Catherine, (2013),"a right to be spared unhappiness: images of death and the expansion of the relational right of privacy", cardozo arts & ent. L.j., vol32, pp.340-380.
- Lieberstein, Marc A., (2008), "Why a Reasonable Right of Publicity Should Survive Death: A Rebuttal", BRIGHT IDEAS, Fall, pp.9-45.
- lilian, Edwards, edina harbinja, (2013), "protecting post-mortem privacy: reconsidering the privacy interests of The deceased in a digital world", cardozo arts & entertainment, vol. 32:1, pp.100-150.
- Logeais, Elisabeth, (1998), “The French Right of Image: An Amiguous Concept Protecting the Human Persona ”, Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review, Vol.18, pp.510-548.
- Madow, michael, (1993), “private ownership of public image: popular culture and publicity rights”, cal. L. Rev., no.81, pp.120-240.
- Martuccelli, Silvio, (1998), "Symposium: International Rights of Publicity, The Right of Publicity under Italian Civil Law", Loy. L.A. Ent. L.J., VOL18, pp.543-589.
- Mccarthy, J. Thomas, (2004), “the rights of publicity and privacy”, West Pub Co.
- Mccarthy, J. Thomas, (2014), mccarthy on trademarks and unfair competition, Deerfield.
- Mccarthy, J. Thomas, (1995), "The Human Persona as Commercial Property: The Right of Publicity", COLUM.-VLA J.L. & ARTS, vol19, pp.120-154.
- Mckenna, Mark P., (2005), “The Right Of Publicity And Autonomous Selfdefinition”, University Of Pittsburgh Law Review, Vol. 67, pp.220-254.
- Mirshekari, Abbas (1397), "Exceptions to the Right to Image", Comparative Law Studies, no. 1, pp. 451-472. (in Persian)
- Mohammadi, Amid, Salehi Mazandarani, Mohammad Zahedi, Mehdi (1396), "Protecting the Right to Fame in the Light of Intellectual Property with comprative Approach", Comparative Law Studies, no.3 (in Persian)
- moein, Muhammad (2007), Farsi Culture, Adena (in Persian)
Moskalenko, Kateryna, (2015), “The Right Of Publicity In The Usa, The Eu, And Ukraine”, International Comparative Jurisprudence, no.1, pp.110-167.
- Mulrooney, Tara B., (2000), “a critical examination of new york's right of publicity claim”, st. John's law review, issue 4, volume 74, number 4, pp1130-1154.
- Neumeyer, Vicky Gerl, (1990), “the right of publicity and its descendibility”, u. Miami ent. & sports l. Rev., no.7, pp.280-320.
- Nimmer, Melville b., (1954), “The Right Of Publicity”, law & contemp. Probs, no.19, pp.210-230.
- Neil, M. Richards, (2010), "Prosser’s Privacy Law: A Mixed Legacy", Cal. L. Rev., vol98, pp.1180-1200.
- Petty, Ross D., Denver D'Rozario, (2009), "The Use of Dead Celebrities in Advertising and Marketing: Balancing Interests in the Right of Publicity", Journal of Advertising, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp.37-49.
- rahbarnaia, Zahra (2008), "Promotion Strategies in Announcement", honarhay e ziba, vol.36. (in Persian)
- Redish, Martin H., kelsey b. shust, (2015)., “The Right Of Publicity And The First Amendment In The Modern Age Of Commercial Speech”, william & mary law review, volume 56, issue 4, pp.40-56.
- Reid, Kress Weisbord, (2016), "A Copyright Right of Publicity", FORDHAM L. REV., vol84, pp.2800-3000.
- Reiter, Eric H., (2002), "Personality and patrimony: Comparative perspectives on the right to one’s image", Tul. L. Rev., vol76, pp.670-698.
- Rosenthal, Edward h., (2007), "Rights Of Publicity And Entertainment Licensing", In Understanding The Intellectual Property License, Practising Law Institute Ed.
- Rösler, Hannes,(2008),"dignitarian posthumous personality rights—an analysis of u.s. And german constitutional and tort law", berkeley j. Of int’l l., vol26, pp.153-180.
- Rothman, Jennifer E., Rothman’s Roadmap to the Right of Publicity, Loyola Law School (2017), http://www.rightofpublicityroadmap.com.last visited: 18/2/2018.
- Rothman, Jennifer E., (2012), "The Inalienable Right of Publicity", Geo. L.J., vol101, pp.180-230.
- Safaee, Seyyed Hossein, Rahimi, Habibollah (1394), Civil responsibility, samt. (in Persian)
- Schlegelmilch, Jonathon, (2016), “publicity rights in the U.K. And The U.S.A.: it is time for the United Kingdom To Follow America’s Lead”, Gonzaga Law Review Online, vol. 1, pp.10-34.
- Selz, Thomas, d. melvin simensky, patricia acton, robert lind, (2013), entertainment law, Thomas west.
- Shawardi, Tahmineh (1396), "The Study of the Difference Between Real and Virtual Fame and the Role of the Media in the Level of Knowing", New Media Studies Quarterly, no.10. (in Persian)
- Smith, George p., (2002), ‘‘the extent of protection of the Individual's personality against Commercial use: toward a new Property right’’, south carolina law review, vol54, pp.1-43.
- Tabrez, Ahmad, (2011),"Celebrity Rights: Protection under IP Laws",Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, Vol 16, pp 7-16
- Tabatabaee Yazdi, Seyyed Mohammad Kazem (Bi ta), Hashiye Al-Mekaseb, vol.2, The Ismailian Institute. (in Persian).
- Tusi, Abu Ja'far Mohammed ibn Hasan, (Bita), Tahzib al-Ahkam, vol, 10, Dar al-Kotob Islamiyya. (in Persian)
- Traci, s. Jackson, (2004), "how far is too far? The extension of the right of publicity to a form of intellectual property comparable to trademark/ copyright", tul. J. Tech. & intell. Prop., vol6, pp.176-198.
- Trafny, Arturo, (2017), "Estate and Postmortem Rights of Publicity: a demand for doctrinal change", entertainment law seminar, pp.10-65.
- Wassomt, Brian d., (2013), “Uncertainty Squared: The Right of Publicity and Social Media”, Syracuse Law Review , vol. 63, pp.220-265.
- Welser, M. (2014), “Germany, Right of Publicity in 21 jurisdictions”, http://www. vossiusandpartner .com/fileadmin/Redakteure/Archiv/2013_Right_of_Publicity.pdf.
- Westfall, David & David Landau, (2005),"Publicity Rights as Property Rights", cardozo arts & ent. L.j., no.23, pp.67-87.
- Wyman, alex, (2014), “defining the modern right of publicity”, tex. Rev. Ent. & sports l., no.15, pp.160-187.
- Zarkalam, Sattar (2008), literary and artistic property rights, samt. (in Persian)
- http://www.forbes.com/2007/10/26/top-dead-celebrity-biz-mediadeadcelebs07-cz_lg_1029celeb.html, last visited at:18/2/2018.
- https://www.nme.com/news/music/highest-earning-dead-celebrities-revealed-2155093. last visited at:18/2/2018.
- https://gettingthedealthrough.com/area/45/jurisdiction/11/right-publicity-germany; last visited: 18/2/2018.